Throughout the years the students of UIA have used the university book store on campus. This has contributed to generating positive financial results. Some of the profit is now being given back to the students through the Sørbok Culture Fund and SIA Culture Award.
The fund is meant for cultural initiatives started by students, with the intention of enriching the student environment at UIA, and making it even more meaningful.
The fund is founded and managed by SIA and its main purpose is to «...to contribute to a broad cultural offer for as many members of SIA as possible on a long-term basis. Sports and subjects also fall into this category.»
All students can apply to the Culture Fund for funding
If you are a student and a member of SIA, and you have paid your tuition, you can apply for funding for just about anything, as long as it is defined as culture project and will benefit many of you fellow students. The funds are allocated the 1th og march and the 1th of october.
The Culture Fund is governed by a committee of three, listed in order of importance:
1. Leader of Velferdstinget in Agder, or a person appointed by Velferdstinget.
2. Chief Cultural officer in SIA.
3. Chief Marked and Communications in SiA
Guidelines for applying for funding to projects from the Culture Fund:
- Application is submitted via web-form.
- Application must include a description of the project and an estimated budget. The person responsible for the application must also be included.
- A final report must be submitted to SIA when the project is completed.
- Students who are members of SIA are eligible to apply.
- Individuals or groups may apply. The applicant must have valid student ID and must have paid the tuition.
- The application must concern initiatives intended to reach large groups of students.